Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Drumroll, please. I ACCEPTED A NEW JOB.

I am headed back to the fast-paced society called the Mall of America. I accepted the Event Planning Internship position just yesterday. I had my interview Thursday with one person from HR and one person from the Event Planning department, then was called back on Friday to come in on Monday for a group interview with the Event Planning team. The interview went FANTASTIC. Considering there were seven people asking questions and writing down my answers, the atmosphere was so relaxed, fun, and casual. We laughed within the board room and for only lasting 20 minutes, I felt like I am already part of their team.

My official title is the Event Planning Operations Assistant. They don't really refer to me as the intern, title wise. Which is nice. The position will entail A LOT of work, all of which I am super excited for. With the Mall putting on more than 400 events a year (yep, that's more than one per day) there is PLENTY work to do. The position runs until December 31st, with the possibility of extending that date. And of course, with a possibility of a permanent position *IF* there is an opening available.

I start on Tuesday, yes, only 6 days away. I could not be more excited. I will be keeping my CC job and thank goodness, they have been so cooperative and flexible with only a weeks notice. I will be able to let them know each Monday what days I am available the following week to work. Seeing as we only have 12 Charmers currently (this summer at peak we had FOURTY Charmers, yes four zero) I will still be able to get hours if I want them. But with a guarantee of 40 + hours at MOA, for more pay as well, I know where I will be spending (if not sleeping) most of my time.

Check out the MOA website if you have not. There's an events calender, my personal fav.

For the next four months I will have my hands full, all with a business casual flair.


01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

No comments:

Post a Comment