Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Skype Interview: Check.

After setting the scene last night for my Skype interview today, I was ready to go with a CC bag as a prop, my new Monet poster hung above the fireplace, and I was dressed in CC accessories. Well, technical difficulties got the best of both of us, the web cams wouldn't work for the first five attempted calls. Tech Services was called on their end of things. Then, when the web cams worked there was no sound. So we both put our phones on speaker and talked that way, my thinking is that they don't do this often since their were difficulties  - so that's a good sign...

The interview, wasn't really an interview in my opinion. Instead, it was to introduce the training team to me and ask questions back and forth to get to know one another a bit more. The team consisted of five people, most of whom are field trainers and aren't always in the office, so today was rare to see everyone in the office. What a friend of mine and I were thinking is that this Skype date was used basically to see what I look like and be able to get the opinions of their team too. As the conversation only lasted 20 minutes, the conversation was quick and painless and now they can put a face to who this Minnesota girl is.

So what came out of this interview? Well, I'm not sure. I am still waiting to hear a final offer. I did get a phone call from the HR Recruiter again, telling me relocation assistance is NOT included with this position because it is entry level. Which is a bit disappointing, since that would have been like getting a hiring bonus. However, all systems are still a go, I am even more independent now than what I thought I had to be. Is that even possible?

Sounds like Texas is calling my name. With needing a place to live sooner rather than later, I'm going to reach out to my Phi Mu sisters who are in the Houston area, and possibly see if someone has a place I could stay with or be a roommate for the time being to not rush getting a 'bad' apartment without being in person down there. Once I receive word of an offer, that e-mail will be sent, pronto.

I can't believe this is happening. Now I'm trying to prolong my summer - not wanting to miss out on friends and family here. With the way things are going, definitely looks like I'll be spending my birthday in the Lone Star State. Monica Rupert, Training Coordinator. Uffda. 01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

1 comment:

  1. Monica, I am SO excited for you! This sounds like such a great position for you and Texas is going to be so much fun! I will totally come visit and we can hit up the Houston scene. :)

    ReplyDelete