Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer goes on.

It's odd to say it's summer. Because I have always designated summer as the time in between spring and fall semester of class. But now, it's summertime, and when fall comes, it will be just fall. Not back to school fall. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm glad for the non-homework aspect of this, but the social life will and already has affected me.

BUT, I couldn't have gone to Las Vegas during the school year, well I could, but it wouldn't have been a wise decision, unless it was break of course. The trip got my travel bug going. I wish I could have stayed longer and gone to the Grand Canyon for my second time and hiked, I wish I could have traveled the two hours to Los Angeles, and I wish I could have spent more time outside. All in all, seeing the glitz and glam was fun, and I even found dolphins. But when the day is done, I'd much rather be hiking, biking, kayaking, or anything adventurous and active. And now I know. I had a blast with my friend there and am glad we got to experience it together, but we both decided that it's an every five or ten year visit....and once we are part of the imaginary '25 long dress club.' Because we both concluded that to wear a long sundress best, is when you're 25, and they are all the rage in Vegas. That's only two years away for me, but four for her. Almost perfect timing for the every five year trip.

In other news, two weeks have passed since my store manager e-mailed Corporate. Today at work she asked if I had heard a reply, and once I said no, she was quite surprised. She's sending another e-mail shortly. She also will be traveling down to Houston soon, so maybe she'll say a little something in person for me. Who knows, before I know it, I could be on a plane moving, things can happen quick, but for now I'm here. And summer goes on. 01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

No comments:

Post a Comment