Monday, June 6, 2011

Accessory Overload.

Since my first day of work on Sunday I've been talking non-stop to friends about my job. Through texting, phone conversations, Facebook, and Twitter. And now Blogger. Crazy how only four hours can start a conversation with so many people. My first day was great. It's not rocket science, but it's very enjoyable. I interact with literally everyone who comes in the doors. The learned greeting of, "Hi. Welcome to Charming Charlie. Have you shopped with us before?" is already ingrained in my brain. The color layout of the store is already memorized, and after just one day I can say I've almost concurred a look at every single item CC sells.

The most rewarding part of my day was when a woman asked me what jewelry looked teal versus turquoise. Yes, this might sound like nonsense to some. But think about it, when was the last time someone asked your honest opinion of something? Add in the factor, that I'm a complete stranger to this customer. Yet, she asked me what I think. And took my opinion into consideration.

Another rewarding part of my day was when an older woman asked me what would her 13 year old granddaughter like. Her favorite color is purple. Off I went. Oh to think back to what 7th grade was like.

And lastly, a woman searching for a scarf to go around a new garden hat she was buying. She's tired of wearing baseball caps she said. And now was the time for a wide-brimmed hat that could be embellished with any scarf she chose. 'Does this one go with this? How about this one? I should bring in my swimsuits and find one to match that too, then I can wear this hat more.'

Man, I love my job. And it's only week one. 01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

No comments:

Post a Comment