Saturday, June 18, 2011

Burst of Sun.

Today brought cheerfulness, despite the rainy day. My manager sent an e-mail to one of her contacts at Corporate (in Houston, Texas - for a reminder) today at around 3pm, right when my first shift ended and before my second half of the day started up at 4pm. She asked for my specific major again. I had to explain the concept of Marketing and Communications being one degree, not two. And had to explain what Professional Writing and Art meant as double minors. But hey, it's all in the e-mail to the anonymous person who may hire me in the near future. And she made sure to get my e-mail correct. Yep, I'm feeling pretty good. Thank goodness this happened so quickly because I was about this close (yep, that close) to applying for two positions within the AmeriCorps that had a September 1st start date. Instead, I'm still on track for Texas.

A special thanks to my friend, Gina, who is always with me every step of the way and made my day with the words of "GO TO TEXAS." Thank you. And of course everyone else who is just as excited as I am. Thanks guys, you all will receive huge CC gift baskets someday, I promise. :) 01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

3 comments:

  1. woot! :) Things always seem to work out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right. I need to just stand back and watch for awhile instead of trying to make things happen before they're ready. :) I'll update you if I hear anything soon :)

    ReplyDelete