Monday, December 3, 2012

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread.

Well. Happy December! Despite what my Pinterest creations are telling me to bake this month, I am still using up my cans of pumpkin. And this morning I found the perfect recipe combining pumpkin spices with the sweetness of cream cheese. The best part of all? I did not need to buy any additional ingredients, nor did I run out of anything. I love having a kitchen full of goodies.

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread


Cream Cheese Topping:
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 egg, room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
(side note: I always use real extract, yes it's a bit more expensive, but necessary)

Pumpkin Bread:
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp vegetable oil (or canola oil)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 cloves
(I love pumpkin spices so I used a pinch more than what's called for)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one large loaf pan (or use mini loafs and reduce baking time -
I prefer large slices of bread you can enjoy with a cup of tea)
2. Beat all ingredients of the cream cheese topping together until smooth and creamy
3. Mix brown sugar and eggs together then add remaining wet ingredients (pumpkin, oil, vanilla)
4. Whisk dry ingredients together and add gradually to wet ingredients
5. Pour pumpkin bread batter into loaf pan, level with a spatula
6. Pour cream cheese batter on top, level and smooth with a spatula
7. Bake for 35 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cream cheese topping has cracked to perfection! (Bake less if using mini loaves)
8. Enjoy the bread while warm with a cup of tea.
#perfect




01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found you on Pinterest and I want to share interesting themes to customize our Pinterest page.
    It's FREE! Here's the link: http://www.getcolorware.com/#how-it-works

    ReplyDelete