Friday, July 1, 2011

CORPORATE. (not yet, but soon!)

Super great day at work. Besides the sweltering heat, yes, even with the air conditioning at work, it was VERY warm inside the store, I had a great day. I am taking full advantage of being able to wear jewelry we sell at the store. So I've been trying some new belts on everyday (gotta have something to hold my headset on anyway) and fun new rhinestone bracelets we just got in. I like this whole '6 piece jewelery' thing we have going on at CC.

Also, today I talked with my manager for a good 20 minutes about my future with the company. She explained how 'fun' the atmosphere is in Houston. The buyers are 'cute girls like you' who just graduated college most likely. She definitely confirmed today, more than ever, that I will fit in and love it down there. Plus, I told her of my birthday goal (September 13 to be in Houston) and she has no reason why that can't happen. So HOLY BUCKETS that's two months away. We sent two e-mails (I sent one, and she sent one) to the HR Recruiter. We figured with the long weekend, nothing would be heard from her until Tuesday. BUT when I got home and checked my e-mail - she e-mailed me back! I sent her my resume (after updating it with CC information) and now am waiting to hear back from her again. This is super promising, my first 'real' contact with Corporate. And she uses exclamation points like no other, like the whole CC world seems to do... I could get used to that!

I work all weekend - yes Friday, Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday. But I'm okay with this. I'm finally getting more hours, and taking hours from the high school students who have summer plans (ha) so before ya know it they are going to be sick of me at work. Monday we are having a little Fourth of July celebration with food for all five of us (or so) that will actually be working.

Tomorrow I get to share the good news with my two favorite managers. My GSM and one of my ASM's, and I can't wait to hear what they have to say. They are becoming more like family each day. Such a great feeling. This workplace is the friendliest place I've been at for a summer job in... well, ever.

So, Corporate - here I come. 01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

2 comments:

  1. AHHHH!! I am SO excited for you!! I feel like we both have great things going on at work at the same time! :) I will be very sad if you do go to Houston, but SO excited for you at the same time! Maybe I can transfer to one of the Texas Macy's. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot!!!! Super excited for you :) Miss you monbon

    ReplyDelete