Saturday, January 22, 2011

February is National Humpback Whale Awareness Month.

In honor of my love for whales:

"Humpback whales are one of the largest baleen whales at 40-50 feet long and weighing up to 79,000 pounds! They are well known for their 'songs' and acrobatic leaps out of the water. Once on the brink of extinction due to whaling their numbers have increased greatly, but they are still at risk. If you are interested in learning more about whales, or what you can do to help conserve whales, visit: www.wdsc.org"

Side note: Shopping at Target the other day I stumbled upon the DVD 'The Cove' - I have yet to see this documentary and need to. Not a want, but a need. Because although graphic and disturbing I know I will discover much more than I already know about the content and for me, learning is the greatest process in life. 01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

No comments:

Post a Comment