Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Summer 2011.

Two posts in one night. Perhaps, I am experiencing an overdose of Blogger right now. I'm okay with that. I love to write and wish I had more time to do so, although that is a common theme in my life right now with many things. At 22, I could have never pictured myself any busier. My accomplishments far outweigh any shortness of sleep I have experienced though.

So far the list of jobs applied for in 2011 are the following:
  • AmeriCorps NCCC Team Leader - college campuses nationwide
  • Roche Harbor Resort - San Juan Islands, WA (technically this one is in an envelope on my desk ready to be mailed)
  • Rosario Resort & Spa - San Juan Islands, WA
  • Starbucks Administrative Assistant - Seattle, WA

So far the list of jobs that I will apply for in 2011 are the following:

  • AmeriCorps SN- debating between a program for Literacy or CAC which focuses on environmental impacts. Literacy is in Palm Beach, FL; CAC in Knoxville, TN. Both begin in mid to late August. Applications are due in May, so at least I have 4 months to see what else might arise. If I had to choose today I'd go with Tennessee. Why not? What do I have to lose.
  • San Juan Island Nanny job... although appealing, not exactly my course of action wanted.
  • Random job that sounds appealing from the San Juan County classifieds.
  • [fill in the blank]

I also am contacting my Sorority's Alumnae Chapter of the Greater Seattle area. Perhaps this may create a lead or two from Phi Mu sisters on the West Coast.

My resume has been updated, my cover letters are spell checked. Looks like I've got every "i" dotted and my "t's" crossed. Now, the waiting game begins.

Summer 2011: You're going to be like nothing I have experienced before.

01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

No comments:

Post a Comment