Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Accepted the Job!

I am proud to say I have accepted a Sales Associate position with Charming Charlie! I was offered the position at 3:34pm today. The company was founded in 2004 in Houston, Texas by Charlie himself. He was only 26 at the time and had thought of the color coordinated store plan while receiving his MBA. When a retailer in his mall decided not to take their tenant space he put his plan into action and the idea exploded!

Now at 34, Charlie has expanded his one store to over 200 nationwide, with more and more stores growing each year and he wants to expand internationally in the future. I would LOVE it if I could be a part of that expansion.

The marketing team currently consists of three people at their corporate office. They thrive off of word-of-mouth marketing and local promotions. To be part of a fresh, young, energetic, emerging store is such a thrill to me. I'm so excited to be able to have the opportunity to work for this company with the possibility of a corporate position in a time length that according to the store manager, "could take two weeks or two months..." Nevertheless, two months is a hop, skip, and a jump away from what my future holds.

Have I mentioned that Houston is one hour away from Galveston? And the time I was in Galveston I saw dolphins. Yep, that's exciting.

Check it out.
http://www.charmingcharlie.com/home 01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

1 comment: