Friday, November 26, 2010

Background Knowledge

I caught the travel bug like no other at the age of 20. During the Spring of 2009, I traveled abroad for the entire semester with an amazing, life-changing program, called the International Traveling Classroom. Ever since, I have not let go of my future possibilities. From travel plans leading around the world, to dream careers that take years of experience to acquire, to where I will live and what decor will fill the place I call my own, my future has never left my wandering mind.

Call me futuristic, because I am. My top strength is being futuristic. I daydream in my spare time about what my life may be like in five years, ten years, and beyond. I think about bumping into a stranger on the snowy covered sidewalks and magically being enveloped in love for eternity. I dream about the possibilities for expansion at my current internship I hold with the department of International Student Services. Overall, there is never a dull moment in my mind where I don't think about the future.

Needless to say, this has created quite the build up of anxiety within myself, as I have not left the Midwest states since May of 2009. How can I deal with this? With the possibility of the future of course. So upon graduation, I'm packing up my 2008 Dodge Stratus and heading across America to Washington state. Why Washington? My passion for whales exists there. Through endless google searches and curiousity among travel books and magazines I will make every effort possible to attain a job and have a place to stay on the San Juan Islands - a serene chain of islands I've only witnessed through pictures, but have fell in love with.

Thus, my blog will explore the aspects surrounding this future endeavor of mine; the steps leading up to my departure as well as aspects of my life that affect my persistence. I will indeed be dreaming with my heart while I discover who I am, where I am headed, and what Washington holds for me. 01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

No comments:

Post a Comment