Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Wave.

Last night I had a vision of the canyons in Utah and the hiking my mom and I once did three years ago. I have always wanted to go on the Jeep tour that goes through the terracotta colored endless land. After this post, I'm looking at places in Utah/Arizona border to work at in the outdoors. Although landlocked, I also love this area of the states. I remember vividly the tiny State Park cabin we visited to enter our names in the daily drawing for those who are granted a day pass to hike to The Wave.


Look here if you aren't familiar with this gorgeous Butte: (That's Butte as in Beautiful) http://www.utah.com/playgrounds/the_wave.htm


The luck was with us as we were selected to hike the 6 miles to see this incredible landmark. It was amazing; a sunny day, not a cloud in the sky, and hiking weather that included a light sweatshirt and mittens to keep my fingers warm, as March is nice but not overly warm along the UT/AZ border.
I have always had an image in my head of my hair blowing in the wind while I'm driving my canary yellow Jeep with the top off, aviator sunglasses on, and my German shepherd in the back seat cruising through the canyons and leaving a trail of red clay dust behind us. Right now that sounds like Heaven to me. Some day this will become reality.
01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

No comments:

Post a Comment