Friday, September 9, 2011

Day Two.

Day Two. Event Two.

The Hartford Paralympic Event was held on Wednesday. The Rotunda was transformed into a basketball court and sitting volleyball court for the Olympians. From 8am to 2pm the event continued. I wasn't present the whole time, but walked back and forth from downstairs to upstairs - I know my way around the maze of the back hallways pretty well already.


I met the Captain of the Paralympic Sitting Volleyball team, Brent Rasmussen. Who is a really nice guy and so down to Earth. Read more about him and you will soon realize he is such an inspiration to so many.

Photo of Brent Rasmussen

He will be competing in the Paralympics in 2012 in London. Super cool.

It was a nice start to the day, seeing the event, and meeting new people. Then I sat in on the PR/Events meeting, the Events meeting over lunch, followed by the Operations/Events meeting. I was introduced as the intern, although I can't tell you who anyone was.

All the meetings were followed up by going over important paperwork that go with all the events (which there is a TON of paperwork). And each event gets sent to about 30 individuals, so e-mails are plentiful at MOA.

Then, I learned what to do with the show times for the movies, since I get them on Thursday and I put them into a PhotoShop document and distribute them to Guest Services in the Mall Walk that happens on Friday - where we (yes, there is another intern with me) walk the mall (yes, every floor) looking for leftover or out of place events stuff/signage. Quite exciting, I know.
01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

No comments:

Post a Comment