Saturday, July 30, 2011

Well, here goes this thought.

Yesterday was a day of pondering. Pondering what if I don't get the job, then what do I do. Pondering what if I do get the job, but, either a) don't like it or b) can't bring myself to leave. The thoughts that processed in my head were all to much and I felt like I was lost, even though I'm on the right path.

My manager at CC is wonderful. A down to earth young lady who has endless enthusiasm and optimism. However, her mindset for me is only Corporate. Which is not a bad direction by any means, but I am left wondering, what if I do something else. What if we talk about Management again. What if I could see what New Store Openings (NSOs) are like, what if I could possibly relocate to a store in Minnesota when they open up new stores. Much of this has to do with the move, I want to leave and live somewhere else, but is Texas the right place to do that? I like the idea of moving to someplace I have already been to, or at least visited once, to have a better sense of the territory. Although, I'm not opposed to going without knowing, for there is some fun in that thought. But Texas. I've been there once, had a great time. But could I live there?

And then the thought of AmeriCorps popped back into my head. I hesitated applying since Corporate was in my mind since the beginning of summer. But I've always had this inkling to be an AmeriCorps worker. And I found two job opportunities in WA that are right up my alley. So, what did I do last night? Applied to them. And sent follow-up e-mails to their contact person. Although I won't hear until Monday at the earliest from them, I still really want to go out there and the jobs sound perfect and so rewarding. And since I have a few more days until I hear from CC (my assessment takes a few days to process, so Monday would be THE earliest), I figure I need to have some options.

The tricky part? AmeriCorps applications aren't due officially until August 15th, and Corporate will definitely need an answer before than if I am offered the position. Which, I haven't been offered the position yet, so I shouldn't get THAT far ahead of myself. But, I tend to always get ahead of myself, for this posts' sake, I'll assume I will get an offer...

I'm headed to River Falls tonight after work. Yes, I felt the need to write this blog at 7:30 in the morning, since I've been thinking about this nonstop. And I can't wait to process things out with a great friend of mine. Never did I think life could be so confusing and full of processing. But, I'm ready to think things through.

Now, let's see where today leads me. 01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

No comments:

Post a Comment