Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Waiting Game.

I applied for the Special Events/Evening Program Coordinator position at the Montecito Sequoia Lodge yesterday. I feel quite confident as I updated my resume and have three outstanding references for this opportunity.

Now I wait.

I am also waiting for a response from West Beach Resort in Washington which has responded that they hire their staff in April.

In addition to not knowing about the Westward jobs, there are a couple of twists added to my travel plans:

-A connection I have with the Como Zoo has e-mailed me to apply for a Camp Como Instructor summer position - I am going to do this, as the deadline isn't til April 3rd. And with a possible offer I have the option to then accept or decline.

-Americorps has e-mailed me again about a project at the La Puente area in southern Colorado that begins August 1st - I am contemplating applying for this as well. There is also a project in Knoxville, Tennessee that begins in August also- both these opportunities are two I would accept.

If jobs out West don't happen in the right time frame, jobs in the cities will be applied to and plans will be post-poned a bit. Although disappointing, as long as I'm working I will be happy. And the realization that no commitments stand in my way of traveling in the future is encouraging.

For now I play the waiting game. 01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

No comments:

Post a Comment