Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Equinox.

Equinox means "equal nights" in Latin. I had no idea. The days and nights are now equal. I have been reading this article, Vernal Equinox Marks First Day of Spring Today , from the Space.com web site. Quite interesting. I wished I would have taken Astronomy at River Falls so I would know a bit more of what is all out there. However, life is all about learning. I am constantly learning and I love it. Perhaps even more because the learning is done on my own and not required for any class. To me, this is more exciting and allows me to pursue any topic or subject I would like.

Today I picked up a trip at work for a flight to Chicago - Midway and back. My crew was quite surprised I picked up a trip worth so few hours, but everything adds up, especially when I have picked up three extra day trips this month. All of which goes above my guarantee pay! Plus, living so close to the airport allows me to only drive about 30 miles round trip, which is one gallon of gas in my little Dodge, not too bad of a trade-off for my day of work. I saw downtown Chicago from the sky, floated above the puffy clouds for quite some time enjoying the view from my jump seat, and the sunshine was bright not only above the clouds but on the ground as well, today was definitely a happy spring day.

More reasons why today was a happy spring day:
Three little birdies pecked away at open ground in the backyard as I watched them through my basement window, my shoes picked up slush along our walkway creating mini sand puddles in the foyer, my sunglasses were needed driving to and from work, I got all green lights driving home and to the grocery store tonight, my new shorter hair cut was complimented on right away at work, I breathed in cool, crisp air walking back to my car leaving me with a refreshed feeling, and to end it - I ate so many fruits and veggies today I lost count. 

Happy Spring. 01 02 03
04 Pin It 05 06
07 08 17 18

No comments:

Post a Comment